We offer a wide range of luxury, standard and budget safaris.
We strive to match your desired safari experience with the most appropriate accommodation. Available lodgings range from luxury tented camps and lodges to adventure camping.
Accommodation types can be mixed and matched depending on your budget and itinerary, ie. we can combine luxury and standard safaris or include a few lodge nights with a budget safari. Whenever possible, we book accommodation inside the national parks. This allows game drives to start earlier and end later as you avoid going through park gates.
Luxury Safari Accommodations
• High-end permanent and mobile tented camps
• High-end lodges
• Generally small properties (6-20 rooms)
• Drink selection and laundry services sometimes included
• Personalized service
• Option for walking tours and other activities
Standard Safari Accommodations
• Lodges and tented camps
• Generally large facilities (15-100 rooms)
• Buffet meals
• Less able to deal with special requests
Budget Camping Safari Accommodations
• Canvas tents suited for two to four people
• Sleeping on mattresses on the ground (cots are available on some safaris)
• Campsites inside and outside parks
• Public campsites in parks may have many people
• Travel with camping gear and cook
• Meals prepared by a Duma cook
During safaris, you'll travel in Duma-owned vehicles with Duma-trained staff. We take great pride in maintaining our vehicles and have had only one vehicle rescue since 2006. This is quite an accomplishment given the condition of the roads! We use Land Cruisers during our safaris that have been converted to open top safari vehicles. For more information and photos of our vehicles, please visit the section Vehicles and Safety in the Safari info page.
Safaris include the following items:
• All park entrance, camp, lodge and camping fees
• All meals and bottled drinking water (in vehicle) while on safari
• 4WD Toyota Land Cruiser transportation including game drives
• Staff salaries and fees
• Transfer to/from Arusha
• Binoculars, guidebooks, photography beanbags, electric cooler box and inverters in the vehicle
• Camping equipment (budget safaris only)
• Flying Doctors Emergency Evacuation Insurance